Cha's H. Lyon, Livery and Feed Stable
Bell Mare was built in 1877 by Charles Lyons and served the village for many years. The people of Galien used the livery to rent stables for their horses. It was also commonly used by people coming into Galien on train. Visitors would rent horses and carriages to get around, as there were no cars at the time.
The old livery stable is one of Galien's oldest buildings. Over the years it was used as a basketball court, roller rink and dance hall. Later it was used for farm equipment sales and implement repairs.